I came across this interesting article today titled, "Whoever Said a Church Shouldn’t Be on Facebook Didn’t Know These 8 Astounding Stats" from Ministry Communicators Association. It offers up some good reasons why churches should be taking advantage of this popular social media platform as a communications tool and offers some great uses for Facebook for churches.
Some interesting stats from the article include.
• 71% of adults who are online use Facebook
• 58% of the whole adult population are on Facebook
• 66% of all men who are online use Facebook
• 77% of all online women use Facebook
Facebook used to be the domain of the young, but that is no longer the case. Today more than half of all adults who are online and over 65 years of age use Facebook. Here are more age related statistics:
• 87% of 18-29 year olds are on Facebook
• 73% of 30-49 year olds are on Facebook
• 63% of all 50-64 year olds who are online use Facebook
• 56% of all 65+ year olds who are online use Facebook
It is safe to say that churches need to have a Facebook presence, too.
You can read the entire article online here.
About This Blog
I am Eric Acevedo, a web site designer and Internet Marketing specialist. Here is where I blog about web tips, ideas, and information about how the web can help your business.